"Mum and dad belong to us on Sunday"
First European Citizens' initiative for a work-free Sunday in Europe
We need a work-free Sunday in all of Europe,
• because children need a family day, which is protected as a day off-work
• because this brings Europe forward on it's way to become the most child-friendly region in the world
• because according to EU legislation, Sunday is the weekly rest day for children and adolescents
• because schools and public institutions never used to work on Sundays and do not intend to do so in the future - despite of various religious, cultural and ethnical backgrounds
• because studies prove the positive health effects of the work-free free Sunday
• because every person needs spare time - to relax, to be active in civil society, for hobbies and for religion
• because the work-free Sunday is an essential pillar of the European Social Model and a part of the European cultural heritage.